Monday, April 5, 2010

Key West

So I know Spring Break was a few weeks ago, but just like everything in life right now...I get to it eventually. I'm trying to catch up from 3 months of feeling like crap, and I'm still tired and there are days that I'm still a little sick. Looking at Key West pictures makes me smile. Here are a few:







The islands are so beautiful! The weather was perfect!





Standing at the Southernmost Point on the Continental US with Laura and Jamey.





We ate lunch at one of Laura and Jamey's favorite spots. We had outdoor seating in a cozy little courtyard.





And then I got pooped on...if you look closely, you can see the culprit.



We got to spend the day on the ocean in a friend of the Graham family's boat...this is just one of the many beautiful sunsets we got to see.


Last night of vacation...we stayed in Islamorada. My friend Jenny drove down from Miami and had dinner with us. I had Stone Crab for the first time....LOVE IT. It was totally worth "saving up my seafood allowance" for the last week. It was so windy that it was actually cold. I thought we were all going to freeze to death in our summer clothes. That is the kind of difference in weather that two hours north makes.



We took a different route home because David wanted to show me the Everglades. We took a break from driving to take an airboat tour. I'm so glad we did! You really can't get a good idea of what the everglades are like by looking out a car window. It looks so different when you look out on the land as opposed to being right on it. We saw a ton of gators and lots of beautiful birds. This was a very fun trip!

2 comments:

Kristen Love said...

Looks like a fun trip :-) Except for the bird poop of course. Ha! Hope you start feeling better soon.

Linda said...

How delightful, I am so glad you shared with us. You look cute pregnant, but then You look cute all the time anyway. Glad You and David made happy memories.