Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oh, what a weekend!

We had such a great weekend that I didn't even have time to take pictures!  Saturday, our church hosted a fun, free children's event at Kentuck Park called Summer Splash.  David, Lindsey and I volunteered to help and I had such a great time!  I love high energy events with kids!  I love to run around and play!  There was music and water and inflatable slides and lots of sun!  I think the heat index was like 106 or something...CRAZY!  We took Lindsey back home on Saturday night and spent some time with PaPaw and MiMi.  Sunday was church, then lunch, then we got back out in the heat (I know we're crazy!) to tackle some projects around the house.  The most important of which is my bright idea to put a gate in front of the door that Bryant keeps trying to destroy.  I just wish I had thought of this 6 years and a replaced door ago!  I'll have to take a picture because David and I are brilliant! :)  We mowed the grass, spray painted the old patio table (not completely finished with this one yet), and I started fixing some spots on the wall that needed to be patched (still have to paint).  We finished with dinner that someone else cooked (Thanks GrandMary, it was super yummy!) and watching Ashlyn play in her little blow up pool.  Needless to say, Monday night we were in bed early!  I am all rested up and ready to finish all the projects we started and get our house back into shape so maybe someone will want to come buy it!  I started a weight loss program last week and I weighed in today...I lost 5 lbs!  I think that is a respectable start.  Hope I can keep up the momentum.

No comments: