Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

We have not really been "Valentine's Day people" historically speaking.  David and I have let Valentine's Day come and go relatively unnoticed for at least the last 5 or 6 years.  This year we really made a day of it! :o) 
 Ashlyn's class at preschool had a Valentine's Day party.  These were her Valentine's for her friends.  I found the idea online and worked with what we already had at home to make them.
 David surprised his little Valentine with three red roses, a balloon and a stuffed bug at school!
 She held that little bug's antenna the entire time she ate lunch!

 Ashlyn LOVES her Ms. Angie!
 She LOVES her Ms. Amber too!
David also surprised his big Valentine with a dozen red roses and Ghirardelli chocolates.
I don't know that I even have the right words to describe how much I love the man I married.  I have said before and I'll say again...he is the perfect one for me.  He is so loving and patient.  He never gives up on me.  He is so supportive.  No matter how many times I change this or try that...he always gives the thumbs up and gets on board, even if he is thinking, "here we go again", he doesn't say it.  He believes that I can accomplish the goals I set...I think sometimes he believes in me more than I believe in myself...and I need that.  He is my best friend.  He is the one I can be completely honest with and not feel judged.  Oftentimes he silently endures when I'm being selfish.  He is understanding when I come to him and apologize for lashing out at him, when I realize that I was the one being selfish in the first place.  He truly forgives and forgets.  He is Godly.  He strives to stay the course when we feel God is calling us to do something.  He listens to my opinions and takes my needs into consideration before making decisions.  He is giving.  One of the things I love most about my husband is his heart for others.  He takes every opportunity he can to help others.  He is kind.  I fall more and more deeply in love with him every time I watch him with our little girl.  His heart is pure.  He doesn't do things with selfish ambition or ulterior motives.  He is probably the most amazing person I know.  I am so grateful that God picked him out for me.

No comments: