Monday, January 30, 2012

Does teething ever end???

I went to pick Ashlyn up early on Thursday because she was being extra inconsolable.  She had not slept well the night before and her cough sounded so terrible on Thursday morning.  We went for a quick visit to the doc.  Just a cold...lungs sounded fine.  We went home with a prescription for steroid cream for a particularly bad spot of eczema that her diaper had irritated though.  Her school had an in-service day on Friday, so Uncle Joe babysat that morning.  That was a hoot!  She adores her Uncle Joe.  We told her that morning that Uncle Joe was going to come play with her.  She immediately started looking around the room, saying "Joe, Joe???"  So funny!  She had lots of Daddy love in the afternoon since David took the afternoon off to hang out with her so Mommy could stay at work. :o)  Saturday was a fabulous day!  We all slept a little late which was SO nice!  We got up to an absolutely beautiful day!  We took the doggies for a walk, then David made a very Yummy pancake breakfast  David had an evening job, so Ashlyn and I took the opportunity to go visit with Papaw and Mimi in Birmingham!  We didn't get any pictures, but we had such a great time!  We watched a movie about a Zebra racehorse...not sure of the name...Ashlyn had the best time picking out canned vegetables off the shelf in the kitchen and taking them into Papaw in his room.  He would collect a few and then get her to take them back to the shelf.  I love watching her learn to do things for herself.  I love seeing the excitement in her face when she knows she accomplished something.  Sunday after church we went to Mary's for my "Birthday Dinner".  Richard, Mary G. and Ella came and I got to hold Ella for SO long!  She is such a sweet little baby!  I don't think she cried for more than a total of 5 minutes for the entire 2 1/2 hours we were over there.  Ashlyn loves to hug her and rock her in the swing.  It is precious to watch.  The whole weekend bucket fulls of spit were flowing from my child's mouth.  My baby is teething again.  I think her eye teeth are coming in now...she cries when I try to brush her teeth.  It feels like the teething process will never end...I just feel bad for her...poor boogie.  I can't say I got a great deal accomplished this weekend, but we definitely got some family time in, so I say it was a successful weekend.

No comments: