Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Break and Oh S#@&

We're getting back into the swing of things around here.  We have had SO MUCH going on.  We re-listed our house for sale last Monday.  Since last week was Spring Break, we spent the whole week trying to finish getting the house ready to put on the market, while trying to squeeze in a little fun.  I can't wait to post pictures of our new and improved version of home. :)  Even the back yard is presentable.  I still have a couple projects to finish up tonight, but then, we can rest a little.  We did manage to have a little fun - David went fishing a couple times and we took a short trip to the Zoo.  Ashlyn and I went to Leeds to see Autumn and Shelby play in their first tournament!  Autumn won her game and they did their little dance.  Shelby's team did not win...but that didn't faze that girl one bit.  My sister was telling me, before we went to see them, that Shelby was one of those stare out into space/watch the butterflies kind of player.  She's definitely that!!! I'm not sure she ever knew where the ball was.  They were both super entertaining to watch.  Hayden pushed Ashlyn around in her stroller for a long time.  They are all such great cousins for Ashlyn!  Ashlyn and I got to hang out with a good friend of mine and my step-sister Lindsey all day on Saturday while selling all our old junk.  Yep...I participated in my first ever yard sale.  I did pretty good too - made almost $200!  That paid the Lowe's bill off from the EIGHT trips we made to Lowe's last week.  I counted...eight trips, plus two to Home Depot and I did my fair share of shopping during the week for "staging stuff".  You know decorator towels and bowls to put on the table, etc., etc.  We found a house that we really like, but they will not accept a contigency to sell offer.  They will accept a contigency to close if we get a contract on our house, but we haven't had anyone interested yet.  The realtor is coming today to take pictures to put online, so hopefully that will spark some interest.  In the meantime, I always enjoy having my own house clean and fixed up. :)
Ashlyn had another "first" last week.  This is an unfortunate "first" though.  She has picked up a "bad word".  She keeps saying "Oh, S#@&".  Yep...I'm not going to say I've never slipped and said it in front of her because I know I have and so has David and so has Mary and Joe and Chuck and... you see.  I think it was just a culmination of all of our slip ups.  We are trying to also stop saying words that sound like it such as sit and eat.  It's now "get in your chair" and "eat,eat".  We are very stern with her when she uses the word and also put her in time out.  We tried ignoring first, but that didn't help.  Hopefully she breaks this before she becomes a preschool delinquent.  We are all tired and grumpy and Ashlyn is a very "strong willed" child, so the last few days have been filled with lots of tantrums and I'm not going to pretend they all belonged to Ashlyn either.  I'm not good at being tired or hot or hungry either.  Hopefully things will get back to normal around the Ryan Household soon!

No comments: