Thursday, January 20, 2011

My God is Amazing

We get a little news bulletin in our email most days at work.  I usually glance over it and see if anything is interesting or pertinent to me then delete it.  Yesterday, one of the features was a Hubble Space Telescope revelation.  This is a picture of the glowing gas that they found.  That is the extra short version of the story.  You can read the whole story on the link below.


I love being dumbstruck by how amazing my God is.  How big He is.  How smart He is.  How wonderful He is.  I try to conceive of the massive size described by "light years", but it's mostly beyond my comprehension.  The sheer size, yet detailed intricacy of God's creation blows my mind.  As I was reading this article, I was reminded of a sermon by Louis Giglio that I watched on You Tube.  It is five parts and pretty long, but worth every second.  The pictures alone are worth watching it, but when he puts it into context of how amazing God is....WOW. This is the link to Part 1 of Louis Giglio's "How Great is our God".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKMw1ndl-EY

One of my favorite songs is and has been for a very long time "Our God is an Awesome God".  I love the expression of worship to our amazing God in the refrain of the song's lyrics.

"Our God is an awesome God
He reigns from heaven above
With wisdom pow'r and love
our God is an awesome God"

Crazy how our amazing God can use a little bulletin at work to remind you to praise Him daily!

No comments: