Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me and the rest of Christmas

Today is my 29th birthday. The last year of my twenties. I can't believe it. I feel so young - I just don't really feel much older than I did my freshman year of college - but the fact is there - I'm getting old. This just reminds me that time is fleeting and to make the most of the time we are given. I have lots of big plans for myself and my family this year. Hopefully this year will be filled with excitement and challenge!

The following are some pictures of the rest of our holiday.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this face!  She is looking in a little mirror.
Granny gave Ashlyn her first Bible.

You can't tell, but it is snowing in the background.  We thought it was so special that it snowed on David's first Christmas and also on Ashlyn's first Christmas...in Alabama.


 We took a trip to Oklahoma in between Christmas and New Year's.  The trip went really well and we had so much fun!  Ashlyn got to meet her Great Granny and Great Grandad (and Monkey).  We had so much fun visiting!  We stayed with my Mom so I could squeeze every bit of visiting time out of the trip. :)
 We visited the Federal Murrah Building Bombing Memorial.  It is truly moving.  I think when this happened was when I started realizing how evil some people can be.
 They have a chair set out for each person lost in the bombing.  I choked back tears when I saw the smaller chairs for each of the children that were lost. (There was a daycare in the building.)  I think stuff like that hits me harder now that I'm a mother.
My Granddad took us to see these amazing Christmas lights.  They wrapped all the branches of the trees individually and there are several streets lined like this.  Beautiful!
 Ashlyn started holding her own bottle!  She is growing up so fast.
 My beautiful Mother holding her Grandbaby. :)  I LOVE IT!
Ready for her first New Year's!
And lastly - my little one's three month picture!

No comments: