Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beach Trip September 2011

We went to Gulf Shores in early September.  This is Ashlyn's second trip to Gulf Shores, but the first one where she could play...I know she won't remember it...but we will always remember her seeing the ocean and touching the sand (with her hands anyway-we put her little feet in the sand the first time we came down) for the first time.
She was a big fan of the sand!  She loves the sand at the river, so I figured she would probably like the beach sand.  She LOVES to walk, so we took turns holding her hand as we walked down the beach.  For some weird reason, she will only hold one person's hand at a time.  She doesn't really care who it is, but as soon as one of us picks up her other hand, she drops the hand she was originally holding.  She is a funny little person. P.S. - please note what we are lovingly referring to as "ducky lips".  I don't know where she learned them, but they are hillarious and she does them all the time.  We occasionally can get her to "do ducky lips."  LOL!

I adore seeing David and his little girl together!  She is such a daddy's girl!  She had David wrapped around her little finger already!
She still loves Mommy too!
I didn't think to factor in the sound of the ocean.  She wasn't the biggest fan of the waves.  The waves the weekend we were down were REALLY big for The Gulf.  They were really strong too...must have been a storm coming because I remember them rarely being nearly this strong any other time I've ever been.  Daddy was comforting her in the picture above.  They are so sweet together.
If you know me, you know I love footprints...




We had a great view...at a great price...hopefully we'll get to go back next year!  We would have more pictures, except that I didn't bring the good camera...I was afraid it would get sand in it...and Ashlyn decided on day 2 that my phone needed to take a swim....in the hotel toilet...yep, I had a forced smartphone free vacation thanks to my little one.  I guess God works in mysterious ways.  We took it apart and let it dry for the rest of the trip.  It still works...just not always exactly like it's supposed to.

No comments: