Monday, November 28, 2011

Fun Filled Weekend

We had a full, fun filled Thanksgiving weekend!  We visited with family, ate lots of yummy food, enjoyed our quality time together and had tons of sunshine until Sunday!
I embellished Ashlyn's little t-shirt for Thanksgiving.  I haven't figured out how to do much more than letters on the embroidery machine, so I just used it to embroider her name and then I hand embroidered the outlines of a little turkey for her Happy Turkey Day outfit.  I thought about trying to find or make a dress, but at this point in her life, she's a blue jeans and t-shirt kind of gal.  She is so active and playful!  Quite the difference from just one year ago.
Thursday night I decided to try out Black Friday shopping.  I LOVED it!  I am almost completely done Christmas shopping and it's not even December!  I got home around 4:30am and slept a few hours, then took a long nap Friday afternoon while the boys were watching the football game.  I will definitely plan on shopping again next year if I can.

Saturday, Ashlyn and I got to visit with my sister and my neices and nephew!!!!  We had tons of fun!  We went to the Birmingham Zoo and to Chuck-e-Cheese's!  I love the kids in the picture above so much!!!!  They are all the most amazing, kind, sweet, smart, fun little people and I truly and honestly enjoy spending time with them.  One of my favorite things in the world is when Autumn, Shelby and Hayden all three try to tell me something at one time.  I don't hear a single thing they say, but it feels so good to have them all want my attention at the same time. :)  They have so much fun playing with Ashlyn and showing her new things!  She loves running after them too!
















Last, but not least...it's officially Christmas time now!  My house is decorated and Christmas movies are playing on tv!  The Nativity has now taken it's special place above the fireplace.  My child wore her Christmas footie jammies to bed on Thanksgiving night and she wore the cute little outfit below that Aunt Reesie made to church on Sunday.  She is so precious she could pull off wearing a burlap sack, but I think her little snowman outfit is beyond adorable!

No comments: