Sunday, August 2, 2009

Momentous Occasions...

Have you heard the Miley Cyrus song "The Climb"? You can laugh, I'm a Miley fan...Hannah Montana too....and pretty much anything else that comes on Disney Channel. But anyway, I love that song. The concept is really simple, yet so many times, I find that I have looked too far ahead or spent too much time in memories and I've missed today. One thing I've learned through the years is that the grass is never greener on the other side. I am focusing my energy on finding the good things in each day. There is always something to smile about...to appreciate....to commit to our memory, even on the worst days. I thank God for the blessings he has given to me and my family. We have been so blessed for so long, that sometimes we take it for granted. I know he holds our future in His mighty, capable hands and I thank Him that he causes doors to open. I also thank Him for the doors he shuts. For all the shut doors I recognize now as a bad idea, I'm afraid to think about how many I simply looked over.

Speaking of memories, I finally scanned this picture my sister gave me of my youngest neice Shelby. She looks so much like my sister when she was a child. Even more than Autumn, I think. This is her first lost tooth. She lost is several weeks ago, but for the next three of my visits, she smiled just like this and asked me if I saw her lost tooth yet. I oohhhed and aaahhhed each time. She is so funny. Enjoy!

No comments: