Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Change is hard

I have always had a difficult time with change. It makes me incredibly uncomfortable. It is that pulling, stretching feeling inside of you...you feel like the world is spinning out of control. At least I do anyway. Small changes within a day, such as, having to swap things around on the calendar on a crazy day sometimes drive me batty. Recognizing this as one of things that adds to my stress level in situations helps me to deal with my stress more effectively. Well, we are going through crazy changes right now, so I am super stressed. I am trying to get the hang of balancing all my different hats. It is hard. If I focus on one thing, another suffers. I will get the hang of it. I know I will. I always do, but in the meantime.....eeerrrgggghhhh. My Mom sent me a sweet letter and enclosed a slip of paper with the following typed on it. I'm not sure where she found it, but it touched me when I read it. It was what I needed to hear.
"We complain about the cross we bear but don't realize it is preparing us for the dip in the road that God can see and we cannot. Whatever your cross, whatever your pain, there will always be sunshine, after the rain...Perhaps you may stumble, perhaps even fall; But God's always ready, to answer your call...He knows every heartache, sees every tear, a word from His lips, can calm every fear...Your sorrows may linger, throughout the night, But suddenly vanish, by dawn's early light...The Savior is waiting, somewhere above, to give you His grace, and send you His love. May God fill your day with blessings!! Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Thanks Mom! I love you.

No comments: