Monday, May 24, 2010

No idea...

Matt Pitt is a kid from my hometown that has an incredible testimony. He is leading the revival movement known as "The Basement". They have several episodes of a television show they taped for a Christian TV channel and I was listening online when I heard Matt say something that just made me smile.
For the last few months, I have teased David, telling him that he has no idea how much he'll love this child. He has no idea what is about to hit him, how his life is going to change. Truth be told, I don't really either, but I think I'm a little more prepared than he is.
As Matt was recollecting the beginnings of "The Basement" when it was actually held in his basement at home with just a few people, he made a remark about the Lord sitting in Heaven just laughing, knowing what their future held. They had a desire to change the world, to embrace the Great Commission. They couldn't have imagined what God had in store for them, but God knew the whole time. Can you imagine God's face and His excitement!?!? For a second, I could. My anticipation at seeing the love David will have for Ashlyn shine in his face on that day is overwhelming! Such is my Lord's anticipation for watching the great things He has in store for me and our family unfold. Isn't He great!

No comments: