Monday, May 24, 2010

The weekend's over

Monday has arrived. I just keep telling myself this is the day that the Lord has made. I WILL rejoice and be glad in it! We had quite a full, but somehow also relaxing weekend. Pregnancy brain (AKA I can't remember the last five seconds ago) has pretty much kicked in pretty strong, so honestly I don't remember each day individually. Sad, I know. I do know what I managed to accomplish though. We watched a few DVR'ed shows and relaxed, I ate a lot of ice cream, David worked on the aquariums and cut the grass, we both did some major cleaning house. I still haven't mopped the floor. The chairs are out of the way and everything is up off the floor so I can mop it, I just haven't gotten the gumption up to clean it. They need to be SCRUBBED, not just mopped, so I know it is going to take a while. I am excited that we got a floor vacuum. It only weighs about 5 lbs maybe and is so much better than sweeping the floor or using the carpet canister vac that I swear weighs a hundred lbs. :)
Sunday I started on the nursery walls. This project is going to be a little bigger than expected. I took the chair rail down and the paint on the bottom portion of the wall peeled off (literally like wallpaper). No one has any idea why??? What that means is that I spent a big chunk of Sunday peeling paint off the wall. I spackled all the nail wholes and we left them to dry last night. Tonight, after I fix the broken Quickbooks file (that's a whole 'nother story) I will sand the walls where I spackled and where the "wallpaper" left the walls uneven and then prime them (Don't worry, I have a mask).
Pregnancy update: David and I attended the Comprehensive Class on Saturday. I'm sure he was relieved that there is no longer a video of an actual birth in that class. He'll get to see one soon enough. We had a good teacher and the class was very informative. I have felt much more relaxed since I decided not to decide on anything about the birth day until it gets here. There is no way for me to know what is going to happen, so I'm just learning my options and the risks and benefits of all of them so I am informed, otherwise, I refuse to think about it. It just stresses me out and that is not what I need right now. I changed how I am sleeping at night...again...I'm sure I'll do it a few more times before September rolls around, but that has helped my lower back ALOT! It hasn't been aching near as much. I got a lovely pedicure this weekend and that helped the circulation in my legs. I am trying to reduce my sodium intake also. The swelling in my ankles is completely gone! Yeah! I have a lot to do this week. I really only have about about a month and a half before I get VERY busy at work, so I have to get quite a few things wrapped up in that time. I'm just going to take it one day at a time.

No comments: