Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

My Mother's Day started at 9:30 on Saturday.  My sweet husband took me for dinner and a movie.  We saw "The Avengers"!  Great movie!!!  Ashlyn was already asleep and my sweet step-sister stayed home to babysit.  I ate popcorn and drank coke (neither are diet friendly)!  We woke up and headed out for church on Sunday.  Ashlyn had "picked out a present for Mommy" at Panoply for my Mother's Day present.  A gorgeous handmade silver and pearl necklace. :)  Mommy loves it!  A couple that we are friends with in town finally came to visit at First Wesleyan!  I was so excited to get to see them there!!!  After church David, Ashlyn, Lindsey and I went to lunch with Teresa, Leslie, Andrew and Lurie at Baumhowers.  We jokingly call Teresa "David's Other Mother" - so it was fitting and lots of fun to get to have lunch with them!  When we got home, I got to do one of my favorite things in the whole wide world....take a nap with my hubby!!!  Ashlyn was napping, so we did too and it was GLORIOUS!!!  After naptime, we headed over to David's Mom's house where he cooked us dinner (including a chocolate mousse dessert!)!!!  I love my hunny!!!!  We came home and plugged in the Insanity Fit Test.  We both did GREAT and we were really proud of our progress!
Last year was my first Mother's Day celebration.  I'd only been a mom for a few short months.  Ashlyn and I have both grown so much in just one year.  Being a Mom is a very special job.  We work hard and sacrifice for these little people that we adore so much.  Ashlyn can frustrate me, entertain me and melt my heart all almost simultaneously.  I am so thankful that God allowed me to be Ashlyn's Mommy.  It is a huge privilege and I pray constantly that I will be the Mommy that she needs me to be.
Being a Mom has given me a glimpse into the world of my own Mom.  I am truly thankful to my mom for all the sacrifices she made for me and all the lessons she tried so earnestly to teach me as I grew.  She is a very special lady!  We may be separated by distance, but she's never far from my thoughts.

Happy Mother's Day!!!

1 comment:

Cindi said...

I'm so glad you had a great day, Heather! You deserve it! :) Love ya and Happy Belated Mother's Day!