Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Today has been hard.

Today has been a hard one.  I'd like to complain about how hard my day at work was or complain because Ashlyn has been so very fussy for the last two days, but I'm just so very grateful for my life that I don't see a purpose in those complaints.  I had a serious perspective check today.  A friend from church went to be with Jesus today. I didn't know Jennifer as well as I wanted to.  In fact, just a couple weeks ago, we commented on how fun it would be to get our little girls together for a play date at the park and get to chat.  David and I take care of her little 2 1/2 year old girl on Wednesday nights at church.  I'm sad because I won't get to know her, but I'm mostly sad because I know how much her family and friends loved her.  She will be greatly missed.  She made an impact on us.  She was unique and proud of it.  I am praying for her family to feel peace and comfort in knowing that they will see her again in eternity.  I pray that they will not feel the loneliness that can come with losing a loved one, but that they will feel God's love embrace them.  My heart is heavy for the loss, but I am rejoicing that Jennifer is in no more pain and is with the Savior she loved so dearly.  May you rest in peace Jennifer Kemp Harper.

1 comment:

Cindi said...

So well said, Heather...I am so touched. Every day we wake up and breathe is a true gift, and this story is one that makes that fact all the more true. We never know what tomorrow (or even the reat of today) holds. Thinking about you, Friend, and I'll most definitely be praying for this family.