Friday, July 2, 2010

Cabbage

According to www.babycenter.com, "Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision - which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face."

We have gotten these babycenter emails since the very beginning of my pregnancy. I get them every Saturday morning at the same time and have really grown to look forward to them. Every week, the size (for a while it was length, now it is more weight) is compared to a fruit or vegetable, hence our nickname for them "The Fruit Email". One of our very first emails compared the baby to a blueberry. David laughed and said the baby was "a blueberry muffin...in the oven". We called the baby "our little blueberry" for several months after that. Well she has officially graduated to a head of cabbage. I got the fruit email just as I was starting lunch Saturday and low and behold, I was just about to pull the cabbage out of the refrigerator, so we stuck the cabbage beside the belly to compare. You can't really tell how big I am because of the t-shirt, but I'm pretty sure cabbage is low balling the estimate on how big she is. :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

I love Your comments, You are a great writer and of course I am very interested. Enjoy this time as much as you can.