Sunday, July 26, 2009

Finished with my book...

I'm just sitting at the hotel, about to get started working on the financial statements for my job at UA. I spent most of the morning finishing the rest of the book I've been reading. Surprise, surprise, I'm reading a vampire novel series. Ha Ha! Anyway, I thought I would update the old blog before I started multitasking.
We had our first catering job on the Bama Belle last night. It started out a little rushed, but turned out pretty well. We know exactly what to expect now and what kind of time frame we need to get set up. David's brothers helped him with the cooking and helped him get the buffet set up on the boat. Joe stayed on for the duration and Richard just met us back when the cruise was over. The guests were very nice and complimented the food. A lot of them said they planned to come back. Hope so! I helped clean tables off and then headed home because I had to be back at the hotel at 7am. David, Joe and Richard handled the rest. I needed sleep in a bad way. My head hit the pillow and I was out cold. I feel much better now. Amazing how sleep can fix all ailments, including, (excuse my french) bitchyness. :) Guess I better get back to work now.

1 comment:

Kristen Love said...

Congrats! That is awesome! I know that the business will do great!
Thanks for the tip about your old boss- I will be calling him :-) Kim Gentry and I are thinking about going to Rwanda next year- she has some connections there :-)