Tuesday, January 10, 2012

#14!!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!

I almost can't believe it...seriously...someone pinch me!  National Champions for the 14th time!!!  Roll Tide!!!!  As much as I'm NOT an Auburn fan...I am proud to say that the National Championship Title has been held in my home state of Alabama Three Years Running!  I know for the majority of the world...it's just a game...but in the South football is a BIG deal!  When I was in college, you couldn't even give away your $5 student ticket to an Alabama game.  We were so bad, people didn't even want to pay $5 to see us lose...I'm enjoying winning so much more!!!  In the last 3 or 4 years, I don't remember sitting down to watch an entire game.  I'm one of those annoying fans who watches the first quarter...sneaks away for 2nd and 3rd, then comes back to watch the 4th (if we are losing I don't even watch the 4th quarter).  Now don't get me wrong...I've stood proudly proclaiming that I bleed Crimson for my entire life, regardless of how good or bad we were.  I watched most of the championship game in 2009, but it wasn't the same as this year.  I sat glued to the television for every minute of this game!  I LOVED seeing us drill the LSU Tigers!  Thanks to Nick Saban's superior coaching skills, we are BACK BABY!!!  21 to NOTHING!  Nothing, hear me!  We didn't just beat them, we SHUT THEM OUT!  They didn't even make it over the 50 yard line until the 4th quarter. 
I was interested to see who has won the most National Championships (or it's equivalent) historically.  I was disappointed at first to find that The University of Alabama was actually third...I was convinced before I looked it up that we would, of course, be number ONE.  I started looking a little more carefully at the dates though...Alabama's first football team wasn't even formed until 1892.  I found this information quite interesting.  Comparatively...I think we pretty much ROCK!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!

No comments: