Thursday, June 24, 2010

Enemies

Matthew 5:43-48 "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."



I can't elaborate on the recent happenings and events, but I can remind myself that I am supposed to not only pray for my enemies, but as a friend of mine mentioned today...I am supposed to LOVE THEM TOO. It seems like almost too much to ask! God gives me His mercies new everyday....I should mimic Him in all I do. I pray this today, "Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen." This prayer says to me first and foremost...God's kingdom and it's furtherance is the most important thing that should happen today. I should seek God's will above my own today. I should trust God for our sustenance because He is the Great Provider. I should forgive others because He forgives me. In the end....it's really all about giving God the Glory!

1 comment:

Linda said...

You are close to our Lord and that will keep You shining. His word is amazing when we read it and think about it. I pray God's Blessing on all three of You.